Sherry Kappel Wins Innovative Thought Leader of the Year Award at ILTACON 2017
Content Hub™ 3.0 offers a completely redesigned, modern HTML5/mobile-responsive UI along with full support for SharePoint Online, SharePoint Online Search and integration to Microsoft Office and Office Online.
New User Interface:
- Responsive HTML5 UI allows users to work from mobile devices and with various form factors
- Modern controls permit quick filtering, sorting, user-optioned inclusion/exclusion and ordering of metadata fields
- Coming Soon: User Interface for the Definition of Rich, Custom Metadata
Full Support for SharePoint Online:
- Integration to Microsoft Term Store permits hierarchical metadata support, Content Hub-wide metadata updates and tenant-wide consistent metadata management.
- Full API support for SharePoint Online Search allows integration and presentation of full-text and profile-based search results through Content Hub’s UI; ability to search the Content Hub repository externally from a 3rd-party search engine and/or an Intranet or other launch page.
- Content Hub Search Results in Office 365 Delve
Integration to Office Online for Full-Fidelity Preview, Editing:
- Knowledge Consumers can preview documents, presentations and spreadsheets using the full‑fidelity rendering provided by Word Online, PowerPoint Online and Excel Online.
- Knowledge Publishers can perform edits through the Office 365 Online Apps. If more extensive editing is required, files can be opened in the desktop versions while retaining proper checkout, versioning and/or collaborative authoring capabilities.
- Office 365 Add-ins to Easily Facilitate the Knowledge Publisher Workflow
- Clause management
- Slide management
- Know-How management
- Rich metadata management
- Support for multiple user roles (e.g., Knowledge Consumers, Knowledge Managers/Publishers, Content Hub Administrators)
- Automatically generate Word documents from the browser
- Automatically generate PowerPoint presentations from the browser
- Word and PowerPoint add-ins for retrieval and insertion of content clauses
- Coming soon: Ability to generate documents with custom metadata fields
Problems Solved by Content Hub
- Quickly provision a global organization knowledge repository using either SharePoint Online or SharePoint on premises.
- Users need not leave Word or PowerPoint to find reusable content
- No conversion; uses native Office formatting rules
- Quickly store and manage existing content using the “Splitter” to extract the best content from existing documents
- Quickly upload files and map metadata using the Migration tool
- Manages Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, PDFs and external links