A year ago, we experienced the greatest professional loss our organization could have had. On December 28th, 2015 we lost our founder, and my father, Deepak Massand. Unlike past years where January marked a fresh set of goals, a reinvigorated vision and a renewed optimism for the months ahead, January 2016 felt different…indescribable.
As an organization, we remained thankful for great products, terrific people and incredible clients and supporters, but one lingering question silently weighed heavy on our hearts and minds. What would the year ahead feel like for us, our partners, and our customers? We were certain that the commitment, drive and motivation to succeed was ever present, but how would we fill the void of passion continuously infused into every aspect by Deepak himself? For those of you who ever had the chance to meet my father, you know exactly what I mean with no further explanation.
In the weeks following the tragedy, the answer came through. What started as a hashtag on a message from our development team quickly transformed into our mantra for 2016. It provided the simplest and most profound way to remind us that the best way forward was to…#MakeDeepakProud.
Making Deepak Proud
2016 was a year that did just that. While humbled by our loss, we sought to overcome our grief the only way Team Litéra® knows how—through growth and accomplishment. Quite frankly, he would have expected nothing less. In the last twleve months, we have:
- Launched four new products (LDF™ powered by Foxit®, Litéra LexPro®, Metadact®i and Litéra LiVE™)
- Implemented 194 product enhancements over the last twelve months (Dec to Dec). 117 of these were customer requested new features and functions
- Developed one new mobile app (Litéra SYNC®/Litéra Secure File Transfer®)
- Released Change-Pro® 10 featuring our latest and most streamlined GUI
- Launched “Organizational” Office 365 Apps for innova™, Content Hub™, Change-Pro®, and Metadact®
- Made one Office 365 add-in available in the Microsoft Store
- Extended support hours from 8:30am to 5:30pm EST out to 8:00pm EST
- Launched our Premium Support offering for 24 x 7 support
- Scheduled 30 releases
- Signed more Master-level Service Agreements and multi-year contracts than ever before
- Had substantially more clients come to Litéra® for four or more products at a time
An Ongoing Legacy
Last year proved that the previous 16 years Deepak spent building this company established a platform for ongoing success that this team continues to follow. It proved that the time he invested into hiring the right talent, innovating often and nurturing strong relationships was time well spent.
Deepak was my father, but he tried to give everyone at Litéra® the same gift he gave me. He had the miraculous ability to see skills, talents and abilities in people they themselves didn’t know they had. He could believe in others long before their own belief in their greatness kicked in. For that special gift of unwavering support and for the legacy he left in our trusted hands, we will always work together to achieve a goal not written in any business book, but rather on one that comes directly from our hearts…#MakeDeepakProud.
Chief Commercial Officer