Your Organization’s Real DMS is the ‘Sent Items’ Folder
The CIO of one of the world’s largest law firms once told me that the single most important mission-critical application in his firm was Microsoft Exchange.
The Document Management System (DMS) could be down for days, or the Time and Billing System off-line for a week, and there’d be almost no impact on revenue. But if the ability to send and receive email stopped for any reason, however briefly, the firm’s revenue and reputation could be heavily impacted.
Businesses rely on email for efficient internal and external communication. But for law firms, this communications platform is as vital to success as the systems manufacturers use for shop-floor automation, or the systems retailers use for point-of-sale transactions.
Even though law firms have strongly secured the back-end of their email systems, they’ve typically not invested as heavily in providing secure and productive front-end powers for their lawyers.
This is where Litéra® steps in. Litéra® provides the resources organizations need to overcome the obstacles inherent in corporate communications. If an organization can answer yes to any of the following questions, investing in Litéra® solutions would be one of the most cost-effective and comprehensive ways to mitigate risk and protect the bottom-line.
- Were sensitive emails sent to the wrong recipients due to Outlook Auto-Complete?
- Did blind-copied recipients inadvertently expose themselves by replying?
- Have attachments been forwarded containing reputation-damaging hidden data?
- Do lawyers bypass file size limits by using their personal consumer-grade email in potential violation of ABA Ethics rules?
- Does adding, reordering, combining, and renaming of PDF-converting attachments require cumbersome, manual steps prior to sending the email?
- Has a lengthy thread’s list of recipients changed so much that problematic content near the bottom is disclosed?
- Can emails and attachments be easily encrypted without extra steps outside of Outlook?
Litéra® understands the attorney desktop better than anyone. Over two-thirds of Am Law 200 law firms and half of the Global 50 use various Litéra® technologies to better empower and protect the way their lawyers work. Let Litéra® provide your end-users with the invaluable tools and technologies they need to protect your organization’s reputation and enhance your net return.
Sr. VP Corporate Development