Litera Drafting Q3 2023 Release: Streamlining Document Workflows and Collaboration
In the ever-evolving landscape of legal technology, staying ahead of the curve is vital for legal professionals. The Q3 2023 release of the Litera Drafting suite brings exciting updates aimed at optimizing document workflows and enhancing collaboration. In this blog post, we'll delve into the key improvements made to Litera's drafting products: Litera Numbering, Contract Companion, Litera Compare, and Metadact.
Litera Numbering: Making Document Numbering a Breeze
Litera Numbering is a Microsoft Word tool that simplifies the often tedious task of numbering, creating tables of content, and adding DocIDs to legal documents. This release brings two noteworthy enhancements:
- Increased Visibility of Numbering Schemes: Understanding available numbering schemes is crucial when drafting documents. Litera Numbering now allows users to preview numbering schemes in the Litera ribbon, making it easier to select the right one. This feature is especially valuable for Innova customers transitioning to Litera Create.
- Improved Performance for Tables of Content: Legal professionals work under tight deadlines, and this update delivers an average 80% reduction in load times for the Table of Content task pane. Now, you can create, edit, and insert Tables of Content swiftly, keeping pace with your demanding workload.
Contract Companion: Your AI-Powered Proofreading Partner
Contract Companion, a part of Litera Check, is designed to streamline the proofreading process for legal professionals. Here are the improvements you can expect:
- Enhanced Accuracy: Precision is paramount when proofreading legal documents. This release reduces false positives, ensuring that Contract Companion's proofreading is more reliable than ever.
- Proofreading for International Terms: For legal professionals dealing with global clients, precise references are essential. Contract Companion now includes additional US and international terms in its dictionary, covering Canadian regulations, Canadian statutes, US Federal statutes, US company names, UK legislation, New Zealand statutes, and Australian statutes.
Litera Compare Desktop: Elevating Document Comparison
Litera Compare is a document comparison tool trusted by 99% of Am Law 100 firms. The Q3 2023 release brings enhancements to streamline your workflow:
- Improved Workflows for Emailing Redlines: Collaboration often involves sharing redlines via email. Now, you can streamline this process with the "copy to clipboard" feature, making it easier to attach redlines to your Outlook emails.
- Easier Identification of Redlines: Simplify your document management by modifying default names of changed pages only redlines. This feature saves time and reduces the risk of attaching the wrong redline.
- Enhanced Visibility into Document Changes: The new "link to move" feature allows users to quickly understand how changes were made in the document, saving time and improving efficiency.
Metadact: Protecting Your Documents and Data
Metadact, a metadata cleaning solution, ensures that you share clean, professional documents without risking sensitive information leakage. This release brings:
- Improved Deployment through Architecture Consolidation: For law firms, deployment should be straightforward. This update consolidates Metadact's servers to use a Windows-based operating system, simplifying deployment and enhancing overall efficiency.
To learn more about these enhancements and see them in action, watch our release video here.
For a detailed overview of all fixes and improvements or to get more information about the versions released:
- Visit our Customer Center (where you can also register for upcoming training courses)
- Contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reach out to us at email@example.com
COMING SOON: Our customer-facing LMS, Litera University! Once live, customers will be able to register for live training sessions, review self-paced product eLearnings, and access various other recordings and resources. As we continue to expand, we will include curated lesson plans and product certifications. Stay tuned for our launch in early November!
Note: Our Product Release, Version Support, and Obsolescence Policy took effect in September 2021. If you haven't read it yet, please check it out here.