Unveiling the Latest Enhancements to the Litera Drafting Suite: A Quarter of Transformative Updates
In the dynamic realm of legal document management, staying ahead of the curve is paramount. At Litera, we're committed to empowering legal professionals with cutting-edge tools that elevate document quality and efficiency. We're thrilled to announce significant updates across our suite that launched in Q4, particularly in Litera Numbering, Litera Compare, and pdfDocs.
Let's dive into the key features and improvements that promise to revolutionize the way legal teams work. For more information, please watch our release video.
Litera Numbering, a Microsoft Word tool, stands as a testament to our commitment to empowering legal professionals with tools that automate numbering, tables of content, and DocIDs. The latest enhancements include:
- Improved performance: This quarter's enhancements bring a 90% improvement in loading the Numbering task pane, a 40% improvement in inserting a numbering scheme, and a 70% improvement in applying a scheme level to a paragraph.
- Enhanced UI: We've updated the Table of Contents ribbon group, enhancing the user experience with a more intuitive interface.
- Feature parity: To facilitate a seamless transition to Litera Create, we've increased feature parity with Forte, specifically improving the insertion and handling of style separators.
Litera Compare, a document comparison tool trusted by 99% of Am Law 100, continues to empower legal professionals with enhanced features:
- Improved OCR for PDF comparisons: We've added new OCR configuration options to provide users with additional control over OCR application to documents, ensuring greater accuracy in redlines when comparing PDFs.
- OpenText eDocs integration: Extending our OpenText integration, Litera Compare options are now available in the OpenText eDOCS InfoCenter UI, enhancing accessibility and streamlining workflows within DMS.
- Efficient track changes output for PDF documents: Users can now generate track change redlines for PDF files, enhancing accuracy when comparing PDF documents.
Metadact, our metadata cleaning solution, receives noteworthy enhancements, set to be available on January 23:
- Improved flexibility and user experience: Users can now leverage the new "Convert/Combine with Metadact" feature, extending the right-click functionality beyond the standard "convert to PDF." This enhancement offers additional flexibility in document management, conversion, and binding.
- Insights into health status of Metadact server: Administrators can now proactively measure the health of Metadact Server and its components, ensuring prompt issue resolution.
- Email PDF reports from Metadact analytics: Administrators can generate and email PDF reports from Metadact Analytics, gaining insights into end-user behavior by sending emails.
pdfDocs, our PDF creation and editing tool, undergoes a significant improvement:
- Improved OCR accuracy: To maintain consistency across Litera tools, we've replaced the OCR engine in pdfDocs with Kofax OmniPage OCR, ensuring high accuracy in OCR processes.
For a detailed overview of all fixes and improvements or to get more information about the versions released, visit our Customer Center. Visit Litera University to register for upcoming training courses. Alternatively, you can contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to us at email@example.com.
Note: Our Product Lifecycle Policy was updated in December 2023. If you haven't read it yet, please check it out here.