Licensing Terms and Conditions
The following licensing terms shall be applicable based on deployment and products.
Licensing Terms by Deployment
If you have contracted for a license for cloud product with Litera, the Software as a Service (SaaS) Agreement available here shall be applicable to you.
Additional Licensing Terms by Product
If you are licensing the below products, additional licensing terms by products along with licensing terms by deployment shall be applicable to you.
- Litera Drafting Software Product
- Clocktimizer Software Product
- Concep Software Product
- Firm Intelligence Software Product
- Kira Software Product
- Micron Software Product
- BigSquare Product
- Objective Manager Software Product
- Prosperoware Software Product
The following are Litera Drafting Software Products:
- Content Companion
- DocXtools Companion
- Contract / Litigation Companion
- Best Authority
- Litera Numbering
- Litera Collaborate
- Litera Compare
- Litera Review
All subscriptions include support services as per the support policy available here. All subscriptions include Document Emergency Room (DocER) service where you are provided with emergency document repair services from Litera.
If Litera Drafting Software Product is deployed on cloud, the Software as a Service (SaaS) Agreement shall apply.
- Customer shall not merge any part of the Software with other computer software programs.
- Company owns all rights, title and interest to the Software's source code, applications, features, algorithms and databases therein.
- Customer is entitled to register one (1) Admin Account at no additional costs. If an End User needs more than one (1) Admin Account, it will be charged as End User. Admin Account means an account that has no data visibility and only has permissions to access features under the tab 'Admin' in the Software.
- All details about the login credentials of End Users are strictly confidential. The Customer shall ensure that these login credentials remain confidential and warrant that no third parties shall use those credentials to gain access to or use the Software. The Customer is solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of the login credentials. The Customer shall not allow more than one person to use a single End User account.
- Notwithstanding the Agreement, the Company shall provide the Software in accordance with the Support and Maintenance policy available at: https://www.litera.com/terms/clocktimizer-software-product-support-maintenance/, as the same may be modified from time to time. Any reference to support terms in the Agreement shall not be applicable to this Order Form.
- A new End User, addon, hosting or bundle can be added by requesting this to key contact person or another method as indicated by Company from time to time.
- Customer shall be liable, and shall indemnify Company, for any license or other fees that Customer’s third-party vendors are charging as a result of Customer using the Software (e.g. Customer’s local SQL licenses, license fees for financial systems such as Elite 3E or Aderant, consultant’s fees for building or customizing data connections).
- The following terms are applicable to only on-premises tool:
- 1.1.1 Customer shall provide hardware (at least) in accordance with the specifications provided by Company from time to time, in order to ensure that the Software runs smoothly and to ensure availability of the Software in line with the availability of other applications Customer uses;
- 1.1.2 Customer shall ensure that access to the Software will be provided over a secure connection (e.g. TLS 1.2 or the market standard at any point in time);
- 1.1.3 Customer shall provide Company with remote access to the Software installation, which remote access can be supervised by Customer or otherwise be restricted to ascertain compliance with Customer's information security policies, as long as Company can remotely assist Customer in installing the initial version of the Software;
- 1.1.4 Customer shall assign such resources as required to regularly install Updates on Customers systems, at minimum once every two (2) months;
- 1.1.5 Customer shall maintain appropriate backups of and restoration processes for the Software, Customer's data processed by the Software and the databases and configurations related to the Software; and
- 1.1.6 Customer shall ensure the secure deletion of data upon termination of the Agreement.
- Customer allows Company to gather and keep diagnostic information on, among other things, performance, usage and End User behaviour, it being understood that the diagnostic information shall not contain Customer's Confidential Information.
- The Product is provided in pursuant to the Data Protection Addendum, which may be modified from time to time.
The terms available here shall apply in relation to the professional services provided by Company for the set-up of an on-premises deployment of the Foundation Software.
The terms available here shall apply in relation to the professional services provided by Company for the set-up of a cloud deployment of the Foundation Software.
The following definitions shall be applicable if Customer is using Firm Intelligence Software Product. In the event of conflict between the definitions added to the governing agreement as referenced to the Order Form and the definitions added in here, the definitions added in here shall prevail.
“Seats” means the number of fee earning partners, counsel, and associates at Customer’s organization and excludes the following: trainees, paralegals, students, business services, contractors and any non-fee earning employees, contractors or consultants. The Company acknowledges and agrees that all personnel of the Customer will have access to and be able to use Firm Intelligence software product.
If Software is provided on a SaaS platform, then all references to “Transactions” means “Seats”.
The following Support and Maintenance Policies shall be applicable.
If the Customer enters into an agreement to license Kira On Premises Software product prior to August 15, 2022, then the terms available here shall be applicable.
If the Customer enters into an agreement to license Kira On Premises Software product on or after August 15, 2022, then the terms available here shall be applicable.
If the Customer enters into an agreement to license Kira Cloud Software product prior to August 15, 2022, then the terms available here shall be applicable.
If the Customer enters into an agreement to license Kira Cloud Software product on or after August 15, 2022, then the terms available here shall be applicable.
If Customer is licensing CE Manager Software product then the terms available here shall be applicable.
If Customer is licensing Top Performance Software product then the terms available here shall be applicable.
If Customer is licensing LawCruit Software product then the terms available here shall be applicable.
If Customer is licensing BigSquare Software product then the terms available here shall be applicable.
The following definitions shall be applicable if Customer is using Objective Manager Software Product. In the event of conflict between the definitions added to the governing agreement as referenced to the Order Form and the definitions added in here, the definitions added in here shall prevail.
"End Users" means the individuals authorized by Customer to use the Software and all individuals for whom Accounts have been ordered and set up and have been supplied with user identifications, login credentials or passwords by Customer (or by Litera at Customer's request)
"Account" means any individual user, business plan or client plan set up on the system.
Customer grant to Litera the perpetual right to use Statistical Data (as defined below) and nothing in the Agreement shall be construed as prohibiting Litera from using the Statistical Data for business and/or operating purposes, provided that Litera does not share with any third-party Statistical Data which reveals Customer’s identity, the identity of Customer’s Affiliates or Users, or Customer Confidential Information. “Statistical Data” means aggregated, anonymised data derived from the Customer, Customer Affiliates and End User’s use of the Software which does not include any personal data or Customer Confidential Information.
The Product is provided in pursuant to the Data Protection Addendum, which may be modified from time to time.
Support and Maintenance Policy
If there is a service interruption, then the following procedure shall be followed: affected End Users shall use the self-help and FAQs within the Objective Manager Software platform to try and remedy the relevant problem. If this does not work, then the End User should contact Litera’s helpdesk by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Litera’s helpdesk will use all reasonable endeavours to respond to Software interruption issues within one hour of the notification to Litera by Customer. Litera’s help desk hours are 09:00 to 22:30 GMT/BST hours on business days. If the notification was made outside of this time Litera’s help desk will respond within one hour of the start of the next period.
If Customer is licensing Prosperoware on-premises or cloud Software product then the terms available here shall be applicable.
Unless stated otherwise in the applicable Order Form, Resellers will be subject to terms and conditions available here.
- Litera Desktop
- Litera Create
- Litera Check
- Contract Companion
- Litigation Companion
- DocXtools Companion
- Litera Review
- Litera SecureShare
- Litera Compare
- Litera Transact
- Kira Systems
- Litera Litigate
- Foundation Firm Intelligence
- Objective Manager